Monday, March 23, 2009

Interesting Vet Stories from Homeopathic Pioneers

DISCUSSION

Dr. Hastings: We have had, for a number of years, a fine cat in our family. About five years ago it was reported that the cat was not eating anything at all. I found that somebody had clipped the smellers off close. The cat refused to eat for three days and gave great signs of drooping. It occurred to me that these smellers were extremely sensitive and probably supplied with nerves, so I gave her Hypericum, and in one hour she took her food.

Dr. F. Powel: I have a patient who had a horse that had been over-driven. The urine was entirely suppressed, and the horse was in great agony. This condition is considered fatal. I decided that Hyoscyamus was the remedy, and gave him four powders of the 200th. In six hours the urine came and the horse recovered.

Dr. Taft: I had a case of a horse that was injured by a nail in the foot. The veterinary surgeon said it would die. I asked for the privilege of giving medicine, and gave it Ledum. A member of the family was taking lessons in Christian Science and treated the horse at the same time. I do not know which of us deserves the credit, but the horse was cured.

Dr. Bell: Almost always horses coming from the country to Boston get a fever, with coughing, profuse catarrh, swelling of the glands of the neck. The remedy is Silicea; it cures them in almost every instance.

Dr. W. L. Morgan: About four years ago the stableman came after me, early in the morning, saying my horse was very sick. I found the horse's head stuck straight out and under the jaws and forelegs swollen so that he could not get his head to the ground. On inquiry I found that a horse in the same stable was having pinkeye and was under a veterinary. I gave Bell. 200 and put him in a box stall. In the evening I went to the stable again and saw that the horse was beginning to want to eat. We gave him a little green grass and he ate. In two days he was in condition to use.

Dr. Rushmore: A valuable cow in some way got loose in the stable and thus had access to the feed barrel. When my attention was called to her she was lying prostrate on the ground. Eyes dull, tongue stretched out of her mouth, and cold. I placed a few pellets of Carbo veg. 200 on her tongue and she got well rapidly. I would not have risked a dollar on her chances of recovery.

Dr. Kent: I have just one dog story. This dog had become too much interested in a cow that was going through the process of labour. The dog persisted in his attention until the cow turned on him and hooked him through the hind leg. It was a puncture wound and stiffness followed its healing, so he was no longer able to pose as a ten-thousand dollar dog. It seemed to be chronic stiffness. I sent a dose of Ledum which restored him to usefulness and to his proper places as a prize dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment